Top News Items
- On Saturday, September 10, Ubisoft hosted Ubisoft Forward, a conference outlining the future of the company. The company discussed multiple upcoming Assassin’s Creed games such as Mirage, the next planned main release, an upcoming game Codename Red based in feudal Japan, and Codename Hexe, for which the location and time period have not yet been announced. They also talked about the platform Assassin’s Creed Infinity which will allow players to access all past and future games in the series. Additionally, this platform will potentially have its own standalone multiplayer games in the future.
- On Tuesday, September 13, Sony hosted a 20-minute State of Play broadcast featuring all of the latest announcements, updates and news surrounding PlayStation. The company revealed new games coming to PS4, PS5, and PSVR2, and released new trailers for highly anticipated games such as Tekken 8 and God of War Ragnarok.
- During its huge conference Nintendo Direct, Nintendo announced over 40 new games. Notably, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel, Tears of the Kingdom, got an official release date: May 12, 2023, and Pikmin creator Shigeru Myamoto confirmed that Pikmin 4 will also be released for Nintendo Switch in 2023.
- The Call of Duty Next showcase took place on September 15. During the showcase, the much-anticipated Warzone 2.0 got an official release date, November 16, just two weeks after the release of Modern Warfare 2 on October 28. Additionally, it was revealed that Warzone 2.0 will include both a third-person mode and FOV (field-of-view) slider.
- The developer AppLovin has dropped its plans to buy Unity, after a failed $17.5 billion bid for the company last month. Unity rejected the offer saying that it is “not in the best interest of Unity shareholders.”
- In its first three days of release, Splatoon 3 reached 3.45 million units sold domestically, the highest number of domestic sales within this time frame of any Nintendo software released thus far.
- EA has announced that starting next month, The Sims 4 will be free-to-play. Players will not have to pay for the base game, but EA still plans to release new content for the game.
- Roblox has announced that chat filters for players over 13 years old will be reduced in-game. This comes in an effort to cater to older users, such as the 17–24-year-old demographic, which is currently the most rapidly growing user base in the game.
Week commencing Monday 12 September 2022
|13 September||Freedom Planet 2||Win||Platform||GalaxyTrail||GalaxyTrail|
|Isonzo||Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX||First-person shooter||Blackmill Games, M2H||M2H|
|Little Orpheus||Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX||Adventure||The Chinese Room||Secret Mode|
|SCP: Secret Files||Win||Action-adventure||GameZoo Studio||Pixmain|
|Sunday Gold||Win||Role-playing, adventure||BKOM Studios||Team17|
|Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden||Win, NS, PS4||Role-playing||Alim||Square Enix|
|XIII||NS||First-person shooter, stealth||Tower Five||Microids|
|15 September||Bear and Breakfast||NS||Life simulation||Gummy Cat||Armor Games Studios|
|Blind Fate: Edo No Yami||Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX||Action-adventure||Troglobyte Games||101XP|
|Despot's Game||Win, Mac, Lin, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX||Roguelike, auto battler||Konfa Games||tinyBuild|
|Dragon Quest X Offline||Win, NS, PS4, PS5||Massively multiplayer online role-playing||B.B. Studio||Square Enix|
|Dungeons 3||NS||Strategy, simulation||Realmforge Studios||Kalypso Media|
|Fairy Fencer F: Refrain Chord||NS, PS4, PS5||Tactical role-playing||Sting||Compile Heart|
|fault - StP - Lightkravte||NS||Visual novel||Alice in Dissonance||Phoenixx|
|Metal: Hellsinger||Win, PS5, XSX||First-person shooter, rhythm||The Outsiders||Funcom|
|Outer Wilds||PS5, XSX||Action-adventure||Mobius Digital||Annapurna Interactive|
|SBK 22||Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX||Racing||Milestone srl||Milestone srl|
|Trinity Trigger||NS, PS4, PS5||Action role-playing||Three Rings||FuRyu|